John,

As you already know, there aren't half dozen guys here that have owned more optics than I have. As I stated earlier, what I have is what I am using now, who knows what the future holds.

I moved from 10X after ELs came out and when the quality of optics allowed the definition in viewing to be able to see points on a rack with 8.5 ELs. Previously using Zeiss Classics and then Leica Trinovids when they came out, 10X still the preferred power.

Then at a sheep show, I got my first look at the EL 8.5X and sold the 10X in favor of the 8.5X. Since then I have owned Leica Ultra Vids In both 8X and 10X, Geovids in 8X and 10X and HD as well. I also owned Swarovski 8.5 X and 10X in Swarovision before I bought the EL range binoculars. I did buy the 8X first, but sold them I favor of the 10X.

I have also owned Leica HD-B in both 8X and 10X, selling the 8X and keeping the 10X. At this time I have 10X Swarovision , 10X HD-B, Ultra Vid compact 8X20 and Swarovski 8X32 EL Swarovision. The 10X42 Swarovision is for sale, the HD-B are on waivers awaiting final decision whether they will get traded, Ultra Vids are keepers and the 8X32 EL would be the last to go.

I bought all of these on my own dime and used them extensively in the field not looking at black bars on the wall of a sporting goods store. I have been accused by some here of being a Swarovski dealer, looking at what I've owned, maybe I should have. It is funny when someone from New Jersey makes some comment about what I have used here in Montana.

You also know I have no issues about your choices either, we have shot enough together to know we base our decisions on our personal experience, not from something we read somewhere. I am not stuck with only 8X, but these ELs are spectacular...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]