Originally Posted by Royce
I think it's damn near impossible for one person to judge what binocular will work best for another hunter, even if they hunt the same animal in the same terrain. A person's hunting methods and style has a lot to do with what binocular suits him best.
Sometimes I hunt mule deer by moving constantly, but stopping every several steps to glass offhand. (I see a lot of deer doing this, by the way) For that, a good light six power is ideal because of the non critical focus and great depth of field.
The next day I might hunt the same area, but by sitting in one place and glassing from a sitting position and a ten power binocular is ideal. Another time, I am not sure what way I am going to hunt so 8X is the ticket.
Also, there is more to a binocular than magnification and exit pupil. How fast or slow the binocular focuses, how the eye cups work, how heavy or light they are, how they resolve color, all those things are very subjective and a person has to have the binocular in hand to see how suitable it is, I think.

Royce

Good advice!

I couldn't agree more.....