Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by PAMyers
Go to a fixed sight in a 3/8 dovetail. Get one .030 too tall.
Zero with a file.

P.A.

That would require a gunsmith or a mill and buying a sight. I was conveying something that anyone could do for next to nothing in cots. Thanks though.

No, it wouldn't require any of that. The 3/8 dovetail is already there under your existing sight. A fixed sight from Track of the Wolf or Dixie Gun works isn't expensive. If any fitting is needed at all, simply file the base of the sight to fit your dovetail. (never file the dovetail) I find a triangular file works for that job. It isn't complicated or expensive and solves the problem of that spring loaded sight shifting every time it gets touched.

No, the dovetail is not there. I have had these sights on and off 3-4 times and they are screwed on like a scope base with two screws, and I just rechecked my Hawkin that has the sight removed.
Maybe then newer ones, but I doubt it as I have never seen a dovetail when these sights are factory.
This is on an older TC Hawkin bought in the late 70's and a TC Black Diamond.

Again, this is a no cost solution and your "inexpensive" might not be so to others and I'd bet with out looking that they are $35 +

Sheesh,why do guys have to jump in with something else especially when the info is bogus. grin

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles