Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Again, this is a no cost solution and your "inexpensive" might not be so to others and I'd bet with out looking that they are $35 +
Sheesh,why do guys have to jump in with something else especially when the info is bogus. grin

Wish I could find someone around here with cash who was willing to "bet without looking"
A rear sight from Track of the Wolf cost $7.00 to $ 8.00.
If your rifle didn't have the dovetail already cut (mine did) it does not require a milling machine or a gunsmith to cut one. I do it all the time, by hand, with a file.
This is a link to a Midway video by Larry Potterfield showing how to hand cut a dovetail in a rifle barrel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60yBwzipKA

Maybe $8.00 and use of a file is expensive to you.
Accura Glass will cost you $24.00.

Maybe my math is different from yours?
Yeah, it's annoying when guys jump in with bogus info.
I hate that...

Almost as much as guys who post "wisdom" on how to solve a problem through "creative tinkering" instead of fixing it right the first time. Jeesh....

Your information was bogus because you said to order a sight that would go into a dovetail when you didn't know your butt from a hole in the ground that my rifles did not have a dovetail. It would have been different if you had the manners to at least ask if my rifles had the dovetail.

You fix yours the way you want and I'll fix mine. I didn't ask for any other methods, nor did I ask you to research prices for me. I only posted what worked for me.

You get you panties in a wad because my fix didn't accomodate your way of thinking. So therefore, my fix is bogus. No that is what is annoying. My thread required no comment from you or any one. Just something that works for me.

Just like last fall when guys like you said I had to go to Track Of the Wolf to buy a new barrel for my Hawkin. Thompson Center replaced it for nothing. My only cost was the shipping it there. After I posted that, everyone shut up. Wonder why?

BTW, I have the Acruglass Jel on hand and I maybe used 1/4 of a teaspoon on it. Total cost to me $0.00 and I didn't have to Rube Goldberg a hand filed dovetail. Or at a later date, if I wanted to go back to the original, I'd have a dovetail cut in that I didn't need.

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/28/14.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles