Tmitch.No offense taken. I used peep sights for NRA matches and my M1 for many years in the past. I have had one on my Hawkin for many years also. In the past several years, my eyes have really been worse. What I mean by fuzzy is that ignoring the peep and concentrating on the front sight/target, the front sight is blurred. The front sight is at a distance that is too little for a lens prescription to see well at a distance, and too long for a prescription to see at close range. Prescription glasses can get the target clear or the front sight clear, but not both. Right now, it's compromise on both.

My eye doctor is a shooter also, and he has helped me about as much as he can.I need to find a Dr, that will sign the form I need for CO CPW to permit me to use a 1X scope at least. The alternative is to give up ML hunting, at least in Colorado.

If I use the FO sight, I can align the color reasonably, and fairly make out an equal distance on each side, but not great, but then get more focus on the target. Using traditional iron sights, is out of the question.

The solution, in reference to my original post, although not optimal, would be to find a FO sight that goes into dovetail and then get screw on dovetail as Leon posted in his last post. This would make a more stable base at least

My original post described method for me to at least get me thru this years ML season. Then I have another year to try to fix the problem.

I am ok in handgun shooting if I keep the distance at 25 feet or less. Then I can use my prescription lenses to keep everything. reasonably in focus.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/30/14.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles