Lots of good stuff with bare and fletched but nothing with broad heads. I developed the compound broad head tuning system long, long ago, tried to get published, rejected to find Easton is using my method. I can get a broad head to hit the exact same spot as bare or fletched in minutes. I can adjust for head weight or style, even the arrow spine in minutes.
You have to show a broad head next to a bare or fletched field point. I shot bare shafts into the bullseye at 60 yards long ago. Can make a broad head hit the same as a field point at any range.
Bow noise is a problem and high frequency is the worst, stuff you don't hear. Even time of day affects that with morning deer easier then evenings.
Want to see if a bow works on deer, shoot at a squirrel on the ground. If he is 20 yards and 15' up a tree barking at you before the arrow hits, forget deer.
I don't care if you have over 300 fps, you can't beat sound. It is not arrow noise, it is the bow and many will scare heck out of deer. Why do you think bows have all that rubber stuff on them?
Reason for expandable heads today, make like a field point but can you make a Razor head or snuffer work?
Expanding heads need more power and heavier arrows.
Light arrows will never be best. I have shot three deer with revolvers to find 6" of arrow healed inside. Almost cut myself on them. Arrows in the lungs. I bet animal loss has gone way up since toothpicks are shot.