I shot every day long ago, won hundreds of trophies, shot 292 out of 300 field "Ohio score" with a Wing bow. Belonged to Eight Ball Archers and shot demonstrations at the Cleveland Sportsman shows. Well over 200 bow kills. Hitting deer got problematic with compounds, still prefer a long bow or recurve. Best was the Wing Presentation II. Bear was junk after they stopped the good recurves, compounds were junk. Jennings broke fast. Allen bows were junk. I loved Wing bows. Hoyt was good.
No, I can't compete with new stuff where bows only need one sight pin. Back then you had to estimate distance to the yard. But we were good and killed. The average was 15 years for an archer to kill a deer but I got three the first season. Ohio, MI and PA. Chipmunks, squirrels and woodchucks piled up. Did not know what a release was. Went to one a while back to find it increases bow noise. I got accurate to only find deer don't like it. Disgusting to have a deer get out of the way at 10 yards when you can not scare a deer with a longbow at all.
I can't pull my bows anymore so went to a great long bow, made for me by my friend at Bama Bows. Wood arrow and Snuffer, killed a deer right off.