Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by safariman

You and I both have and love our dogs, but not for one minute would I choose the life of any of my dogs over any human life, even if that life was the current most wanted man in the USA.

We differ there...lots of PURE EVIL sons of bitches in this world. All too often, I'm either reading about or listening to a news report about some "human life" person raping, stabbing, robbing & THEN dousing with gas & setting them on fire while they're still alive.

Were you still living here when Lawrence Singleton chopped up that gal?
You would actually choose to sacrifice one of your dogs in lieu of somebody like him???

I just can't wrap my mind around that...

Yes friend, and I mean that term "friend" in the most literal and sincere manner, this is where we differ.

I was not living there when the Middleton murder took place. But, I would like to think, and hope, that if I had to choose between m dogs life - and may now aging old Labradoor Goober is sitting beside me here as I type - and that of Mr. Middleton I would spare him VS even my own precious and member of the family (including being on the bed with me often when I nap) dog.

The difference, I guess, is that I know that even Mr. Middleton has an opportunity to escape hell and become a new creature with all sins forgiven and covered by the blood of Christ Jesus up until his last concious moment on this planet. I know that our amazing God, loves even him and is ANXIOUS to forgive and redeem even him. About 2/3 of the new testament was written by Paul, who when he was Saul the persecuter stood overseeing the long, painful deaths of many Christians via the method of stoning to death. Including the stoning to death of Stephen before his Christ encounter changed and regenerated him. Then we have David, who after committing adultery with the mans wife (and her becoming pregnant with Solomon as a result), had his most loyal General Uriah killed - murder here- to cover up his great sin. Yet God said of him later "This is a man after my own heart" And he wrote the Psalms and other books of the OT.

Goober, fine and loyal dog that he is, faces neither heaven nor hell. Goober has not been given an eternal existence with immense ramifications like we all have. God calls it "The breath of life" and is one key way that we are "Made in his image" Goober will experience a quiet ceasing of existence when he passes on. Which I will honor and mourn appropriately, but not with a high dollar casket or a church funeral.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500