We are talking past eacy other. The 6x42 is a hunting scope and is sold as such. The Meopta has only been out a year and a half. It is a fine hunting scope.

I once had a 6x40 that met all your requirements. It was a Leupold Mk. IV. It had rugged construction, a turret with adjustments matched to ballistics, parallax adjustment, all the bells and whistles. The problem was I never used all that stuff in hunting. It did nothing that the M8 6x42 didn't do just as well.

I have seen a scope that meets all your requirements. It was on the rifle the USMC scout sniper team let me hold. Two things about that rifle made an impression. One was the amount of wear on the McMillan stock and on the Hart barrel. Clearly a rifle undergoing military use. The other was the scope, the only scope I have seen with turrets that looked like plumbing fixtures. It was a Unertl and a 10X. There's the rub. The sniper scope market went from 10x to variables. If I was going to ask all these things of a long range scope, I would go to 10X too.

The original poster just asked about 6x42's.

I was happy when Meopta came out with a 6X42 with a European eyepiece designed for a wide range of eyesights. I was turning the Leupold eyepiece out all the way and still not getting a clear focus with my new prescription. Both the Zeiss Conquest and the Meopta took care of that (and so have several Nikons.)

I originally had some comments in that don't really apply to you. I deleted them.

Last edited by GrimJim; 08/29/14.