Originally Posted by GrimJim
I am sorry to see this post. Alaska is not Pennsylvania.

Just because no one mentioned binoculars doesn't justify your conclusion. I regularly carry 7x42 binoculars with me but when they are moving in trees in shadow you occasionally need to see detail when you shoot. Once in Michigan I could make out the antlers on a buck among does ten minutes before shooting time ended with the binoculars but I could not with the 4x scope, which was a Zeiss.

The Leupold is a fine scope but it is the same basic design as the M8 6x42 I bought in 1992 with much better glass, coatings and tracking. It retains the focus by adjusting the entire objective. About five years ago I was turning the objective out until I was worried about it flopping around with each shot and still not in focus. Switching to scopes with the European style fast focus eyepiece took care of that.

You guys in Alaska seem pretty free with personal remarks about people you've never met.

Alaska is not PA, which is why I do not live in PA...

Basic Firearms safety says you do not point a gun at any target you cannot see, period.

I am thinking you might want to edit the obvious errors out of your post...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.