Originally Posted by TC1
Well, I went to the gunshop and picked up mine this morning. It looks to be the exact same action as the Safari Arms Global Trading Mauser pictured above.

This new one seems to have a slightly better fit and finish though. IMO, if it would have been packaged a little better you could have gotten away without a refinish on a budget build but, it was just sliding around in the box and has rub marks all over it. No big deal I would have refinished it reguardless.

The fit on the triggerguard assembly on this one is also better. The bow release lever is flush with the guard and operates smoothly. The floorplate has almost no play in it.

The safety on this one works great! Better than a few NewHaven Winchester M70's I've owned over the years.

I've only found one flaw so far but it's a big one. The cam on the cocking piece and the bolt don't mate up! Once you kick the safety off and fire the action YOU CAN'T RE-COCK IT. I don't think it's going to be any big deal to fix but it does need some attention. More than likely it'll just need a little sanding or filing on the bolt cam area followed by a polish. It's not a huge deal to fix but the action is basicly unuseable until it happens so it is a pretty big deal.

Over all all I'm happy with it and think it was one hell of a bargain.

I've decided I'm going with a short barrel and mannlicher stock on this one. Right now calibers I'm considering: 7X64, .280Rem, 257roberts, 7X57 and the boring but well proven .30-06.

Terry

Terry, the one I received seems to be just like yours. Smoother I think that that Safari Arms action. Same hard cocking issue though not as bad. Otherwise, for the Money, seems to be a very solid platform to build on.

I can see it becoming a full stocked 9,3x62. Though, I too have been wanting to use my 7x64 reamer on something, lol.