Domoulin Herstal is a well known name in the custom rifle industry and they use this action for their rifles. They have a few kinks that need to be worked out but a good gunsmith can do that without any trouble.

High end custom Mausers are made with a wide variety of actions from $4000 Granite Mountain actions to $75 Mil-Surp's. With a custom Mauser it's not what you start with it's what you end up with that determines it's value. I've seen quite a few customs built on Zastavia actions from some of the the finest builders around (Shane Thompson, James Anderson, Duane Weibe, Ralf Martini.) From the Zastavia Mini Mauser to the left handed M98 action they make. Once cleaned up they make a fine rifle.

The CZ has some Mauser features but so does a Winchester M70. It's not a Mauser. The fact still remains, a CZ 550 3 position safety cost almost as much as this entire action alone and I would take one of these over a CZ 550 for a high end or budget build. Not that there is anything wrong with a CZ 550 but it's not my choice. If it's yours that's cool but maybe it belongs on a different thread.