I don't know if you read ALL of my posts on this thread, but of the many ways of dealing with this, my current main fantasy and hardware for the bulk of the Dumoulin rifles I am working on is:

[Linked Image]
Buy Weaver S45 and S54 blued steel bases.[A quantity just arrived after a 2 month back order.]
Put them upside down in a mill vise clamped with a pair of modified V blocks.

[Linked Image]
Mill the concave bottom shape of the base until flat.

[Linked Image]
My Weaver two piece base installation procedure: Lightly attach the bases to the rifle with 6-48 screws trimmed to the appropriate length. Clamp both bases in an AR15 riser for colinear alignment, so there will be no ring lapping. Firmly tighten 6-48 screws.
Clamp Weaver rings to the bases. Check that a scope, with the reticle adjusted to the center of the scope tube, bore sights, or points 20 moa low as desired.

This will get the low scope height.
It does not make use of the 15mm and 17mm dovetails on the receiver.
But it will be basically the same type of scope mount system as a Win M70, Rem 700 or Sav 110.

Of a number of things I tried, this has the advantage of requiring very low skill and effort of mill operation.
It turns out that drilling at an exact x-y spot and then countersinking to an exact z depth is a lot of work, and prone to error.
The S45 and S54 bases already have the screw holes lined up for the Dumoulin and the countersinks are at the right depth. So I make these S45 & S54 base modifications while wearing my dumb monkey hat.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps