Originally Posted by EZEARL
I remember I got my first and worst scope cut sighting one in. .30-06 w/180gr bullets.

That wouldn't have been at sight in days at Snake River Sportsman range in Vale, OR, would it? wink

We had an old timer come out to sight in days with an older 760 with the ribbed forend in .30-06 and a Bushnell scope. Don't know what ammo he had but either it kicked a lot, his scope was mounted too far back or both.

First shot nicked his eyebrow, not too bad. Fired a couple more for a group and opened it up worse. The group was nowhere close to desired POI. He tried to adjust the scope and fired another group, which still wasn't close to the desired POI. This went on for about three or four repetitions with each "group" spreading out wider and wider. After the fourth attempt at a group his eyebrow looked like someone had gone after him with a knife. The blood was steadily dripping down off his face onto the bench. You could see he had a flinch that would almost make him jump off the seat with each shot.

I had to go attend to other duties so never did see whether he got it sighted in or not.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!