Over the years, I have owned 3-270s, a 308 and an 06 carbine. The 308 was an absolute dog and a lemon right from the start. Not sure I could have hit the ground with it, feeding issues, magazine issues, jamming issues, and more than I care to think about. The 270s have been the most accurate by far and were nice rifles for what I used them for. My youngest son uses one of myhis 270s and is a great admirer. It is easily the best7600 I have owned and has performed flawlessly.

The 06 was new last September and the jury is out. I don't find recoi to be bad at all but it does bark. IMHO, the quality is no where near those of the older 7600s and the magazine is pure junk. This one went to Remington Customer service with feeding and trigger issues of which they replaced the trigger assembly and provided a new magazine. Accuracy is fair but I have not had the chance to really play with it. Federal Blue Box 150s shoot about 1.5 inches which is fine for right now.

What surprised me was the comment/questions I received when I called Customer service. First question was what type of ammo was I using? Second question was have I tried different magazines, and the third comment was we get a ton of these back and I bet it is a code 36 (not really the number) which is bad feeding ramps. He then went on to say that these are not the 760/7600 of years past.

7600s seem to come and go in my house and I have tried very hard to like them. Guess I am just a bolt person at heart.

Last edited by JDK; 09/18/14.