The range was surprisingly empty this morning. Found pressure for my friend Josh's new T3 7-08 pretty quick, accuracy was acceptable so we loaded 20 rounds up to do some shooting.

I shot the drill today with a T3 with a 1-8" 6mm Creedmoor barrel, loaded with 105 Hornady hpbt's at 3000 fps. It has an LRHS.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Was rushing when shooting off the sticks and it shows, had a few pretty wild shots, one that ended up on the offhand target. Had two shots at the buzzer that were misses, 15 seconds is pretty quick to fumble around with the sticks. Sticks aside I'm pretty pleased with the effort, but I'll have to be smarter with them in the future.

[Linked Image]

Josh has been a fairly typical hunter who sights his gun in each year and goes hunting, maybe shoots 40 rds total. I took him out a couple times, and he eventually talked himself into swapping the 7 Rem Mag for a 7-08 so he can shoot more than 10 rounds at a time without starting to flinch.

His offhand needs the most work, the rest of the positions he shot at least alright from. His lack of practice showed on the timed stuff, it was really too aggressive of a par time for his experience level. I told him not to rush, and we just made note of hits that occurred after the buzzer.

Empirical results rule!