The favorite probably depends on the day. As to the cartridges and my purpose, I have an extreme like for the 375 H&H, 375 Ruger. I mostly use the 375 Ruger and have a few in various configurations.

Though, I do love the way the 375 H&H feeds in a M70, very smooth, slick, and almost effortlessly. My upcoming project is to slim up a couple of M70 stainless rifles in 375 H&H.

The 416's are excellent rounds. I have recently picked up a couple of the 416 Ruger Alaskans. I will be replacing the Hogue stock. But, for as is, it is hard to beat for a wet weather and in close type rifle. The 416 Remington is a great round also. I have one in a M70 Safari Express, but prefer synthetic and stainless for my hunting. I would like to handle one of Montana Rifle Company 416 Rem in SS.

I like the Whitworth rifles also, a classic looking using rifle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by jwp475

I personally like 416 the best as it offers the best all round performance for my use. The 500s definitely hit harder but not as versatile IMHO. The 458s are a tried and true standard, but something about 416s that just gets the job done. They make a great choice for a one rifle safari of dangerous and plains game. A lot to be said for using the same rifle. I have both a 416 Rigby and 416 Remington. The Rigby is a CZ that feeds flat point solids perfectly and has the trigger tuned and the action bedded. The Remington is a Whitworth that shoots and handles wonderfully.