I'm 68.

My first 375 H&H mag. was a Pre-64 Winchester Mod. 70 (when I was 23). It killed several blackies in Quebec before I sold it to an Austrian friend of mine who still has it sleeping in his gun cabinet.

The year after I purchased a Browning Safari in the same caliber. This one followed me until 2008 and has accounted for moose, bear, european stag and several truckloads of wild boar notwithstanding roe-deer who could never tell the difference.

Another good friend of mine has it standing in his gun cabinet in France.

After a severe heart attack in the fall of 2007 I thought hunting was all over (and lifetime expectancy limited...).

I wasn't sure either if I could still shoot large calibers safely. Therefore the decision to part from the faithfull lady.

Well, you know what? I should have kept the motha and asked to be buried with it.

The 375 H&H magnum is a fabulous number. It makes one hell of a difference on game as compared to standard calibers.

The very best rifle for it was the Mauser 98 magnum rifle. For the ordinary guy it is the Winchester Mod. 70.

The Browning Safari was not a true Mauser magnum but it could handle the pressure of the 375 H&H magnum.

My son has a Winchester Model 70 in left-hand version. It is topped with both a Leupold 2.5-10x45 LPS and Leupold 1.5-5x20 Vari X-III.

Last edited by jmschmitt; 10/13/14.