The Spec on the Fenix and the Zebra is so different.

Fenix at 900 lumens does not show anyplace I could find how long the run time is. Not in any location they show their lights, not even in the instruction manual? It's called Burst mode, which leads me to believe that it's for a momentary use only? Does the Over temp switch, switch it back to high from burst?

The Zebra light shows 1050 lumens is good for 2 hours, and the lower settings proportionally more time. I have used the Zebra light for well in excess of an hour and it has never dimmed or died. It does get warm or hot to the touch after about 30 minutes.

The Zebra uses only one battery and the Fenix uses two on that belt pouch arrangement. It would seem to me that the Fenix would way outlast the Zebra with double the battery power? It shows that it will last over 3 hours at 500 lumens. That is a hella bright light for over 3 hours! It also has a USB output to charge a phone which is a nice feature.

I'm no fan of the belt pouch and the cord that will tangle in everything I walk past and yank the light off my head. Been there more times then I care to remember! I detest those cords hanging and dangling between the light and the batteries. Even the first Black Diamond iCon lights came with the belt mount, but that changed in about 6 months to the battery in the head strap only for them too!

It does work better when you route the cable under a coat or jacket. But that cord still seems to rub on your neck or hang up on things.

That Fenix light at 500 lumens for over 3 hours with the option of 900 when needed is a darn good design. I would like to know how long the 900 lumens will stay running. I think it will overheat before is runs out of juice. Probably why they don't list a run time, because they have no idea what the ambient temp is where it will be used.

The Zebra light is a solid Aluminum tube and heat sink unit. Likely dissipating heat much better and allowing them to provide a functional run time standard. Both have great light output and plenty of engineering time put into the design. We are so lucky to have these available now!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)