Walking out in densely populated bear and lion country in total darkness, it's quite comforting to light up half the countryside or more!

When you hunt til dark and see cougars on your trail cameras several times a week, and listen the wolves howling, and see bears every single trip into the mountains its kinda nice to have a high beam headlight pointed where ever you are looking.

It's equally nice to have those crimson trace grips on the .44 mag! Last night my wife and I sat in the tree stand til dark. About the time we were going to climb down, a smaller bear of 250ish was being chased by an absolute monster bear of 7 foot plus. The canyon ridge we were sitting on that funnels game past us is quite steep. The smaller bear was cornered between the big bear and the steep cliff. He ran right up the tree next to us. We were now looking face to face 6 feet away at this bear in the tree right next to us. The bigger bear was circling around clicking it's teeth and woofing. This continued for about 5 minutes. By this time it was very dark and the near full moon was not high enough to see very well.

We sat until the bear went back down the tree and departed. However we never did figure out where the giant black beast wandered off too. Our narrow forest cattle trail up to the over grown cat road is a few hundred yards long. There is not enough light short of the noon day sun for that walk out! Continuing on down that cat road for a 1/2 mile to the ATV where all the lion photo's are taken on the trail camera was not a relief to the situation. Every grouse that busted and cow that crashed through the brush was quite alarming in the now complete darkness!

Yeah...... I like bright lights!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)