First let me say that I agree completely that Hanoi Jane is on the far end of the spectrum as far as the seriousness of the betrayal.

Like others have already said, it is good that we live in a country where a man can say whatever may be on him mind. That man just has to realize that there may be repercussions for those words. Words being like bullets, we can't bring them back.

I also agree that there is no need to "eat our own". That statement should go both ways, however. If he hadn't turned against those who see a need for an AR, he wouldn't have found himself simmering in the cook pot.

Finally, it is important to remember the lessons about the difference between forgiving and forgetting. I can forgive Zumbo, though there is really no need, I don't hold that kind of animosity toward the man. I just can't forget that he voiced an opinion that I feel runs afoul of my 2nd amendment rights.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis