Originally Posted by tzone
What happened to hunting magazines printing hunting stories from the writers? They seem to be filled with "how to" articles and "new rut info the the whitetails brain."

I on the can reading the latest Outdoor Life and it had a bunch of gibberish and one article on a 10 day hunt in BC that turned into 14 days due to bad weather. That was the type of article that kept me awake many nights thinking about hunting moose, caribou, and big rutty bucks.

Do those types of articles no longer sell? Is there a magazine that has more of these types in it instead of how great the Savage Stainless Hunter in 338WM and the new Tasco scope are?

"Joe and me" type of writing, along with outdoor humor stories, are no longer wanted for the most part.

It seems editors want wham bang reviews/short technical articles about equipment for today's city living hunters. They don't want to read about sneaking up on a buck, the campfire, the colour of the changing leaves, etc. They want a synopsis of scopes, cartridges and rifles that will work for their reader's annual one week in the field.

You're living in the past. It's time and data management these daze.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]