The how to hunt story with a Joe and I are the ones I liked. Fur fish and game still has those, sometimes.

I enjoy the more pragmatic articles on loading and shooting, but the "better gun" articles aren't in that vien. Most of the true things I learn about firearms these days are from people who love what they do, and are old and wise - not much of them left either.

I guess you can tell I don't get as many trade rags as I used too, one more friggin article on the evil black rifle.... Vs. creating a legacy buy inspiring anyone to hunt.

This year I took a buddy and kids Pdog hunting, and we've going after elk here this next week thanks to some help of fellow fire members. I'm also helping a guy at work learn how to deer hunt. That is a heck of a lot funnier than reading about new gun. SO as part of the training there are NO go read this magazine recommendations.

Yes, I work overtime and don't have as much down time as I'd like to hunt, which tends to only leave enough time to research gear and shop a bit, but that doesn't keep me coming back to the articles now does it. Seems everyone is after the fast buck, vs. long term value these days - gotta love bank investors.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 10/29/14.