Seeing as how I've been there and done that I'll comment.

First, the Colt Gold Cup. About 20 years ago I bought the Gold Cup. Good gun but it was never very reliable. Over the last 20 years I've had Wilson up grade the gun to where it now works like a Swiss watch. I have about $2700 in the gun.

Second, the Wilson Combat Classic. I've been wanting one for quite a while and the wife said stop complaining and get one. Well I'm not getting any healthier or better looking so I pony up $3500 bought Classic in standard grade. The only problem I can see with what I bought is the flat wire recoil spring set up. The spring doesn't seem to soak up recoil as well as a 17-1/2 pound round recoil wire spring. With the flat wire I have to change the fiber washer about every 300 rounds. As I have two recoil springs and enough fiber washers for about ten years it's probably a moot point with me.

As to the OP's original post I not sure the Supergrade is worth the money. My standard grade is so tight I have to use a gunsmith's nylon mallet to knock the slide stop out of the pistol. I also have to use grease on the slide stop and firing pin stop along with the nylon mallet to knock the slide stop and firing pin stop back into place. How much more tight does the gun have to be?

Another thing you hear a lot with the guys that paid an arm and leg for their super fancy looking Wilsons is the normal wear and tear one gets with using any firearm. Suddenly these super fancy looking Wilsons don't look quite so pretty any more with normal wear and tear. When I ordered my Classic I went with the plain Jane look as my Wilson is a shooter and not a safe queen.

And one more thing I also didn't put any bells and whistles on my Wilson. I kept my Wilson as close to the original Browning design as possible. The only thing I ordered special was the flat wire recoil spring, ambidextrous safety, and the adjustable battlefield sight. Even Wilson says you might not get back all your money with all the bells and whistles in a re-sale.

My .02 worth.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude