Originally Posted by RJM
My friend requested his money back and bought a SIG 229 and lived happily ever after...
Wow! I wish they were so accommodating when I requested my money back. I ordered them to build me a CQB Compact back in the 1990s. They told me that due to back order it would be nearly a year. Within a couple of months they informed me they were sending it. I asked them what happened to the year estimate. No explanation. When it arrived, it had the older style setup, i.e., the sights were the kind advertized as standard years earlier. The newer models were supposed to have the Novak style sights. Also, it had considerable holster wear.

Mind you, I had ordered a brand new gun, that was supposed to be built specifically to order. What they clearly sent me was an old sample, try-it-out, gun that had been in the shop for years. They denied it, and acted like the idea was ludicrous.

I demanded either a refund or to allow me to send it back and to put me back on the waiting list for a new gun. They denied both demands, but offered to switch out the sights to the current specs. I had no choice but to accept.

I was completely turned off to that company ever since.