Originally Posted by RJM

When Wilson used to make the Thunder Ranch Special before Bare started building them a friend bought one. He asked me to shoot it... Now I grew up on 6-12 oz match triggers on small bore rifles... Most of my 1911s have 3.2-4.5# triggers that break like a thin glass rod. This trigger was uncontrollable. You just touched it and it went off...totally inappropriate for a 1911 let alone one that is touted as being the ultimate defensive pistol. My first round went off way before I wanted it to... Within 100 rounds the gun was doubling or tripling.

Gun was sent back to Wilson with a request for a 3.5-4.0 pound pull... Came back with about a 3# pull that quickly started doubling again...

Bob

If you weren't a reputable & reliable source, that would be hard to believe.......what time frame was that from as that is just unbelievable from any manufacturer, much less Wilson; I'd love to hear their response today. That gun obviously had sear & hammer engagement issues.

As to a Wilson Supergrade & any other cosmetically fancied up gun, 1911 or not, they are just absolutely never worth the money paid and are usually just an ego stroker.

As to Wilson's in general, I've had the opportunity to handle & shoot 10 or so different versions w/o any issues......they have all been very, very smooth & well done......but those are/were fairly recent vintages.

Of the dozen or so 1911's that I currently own, one is a Wilson X-Tac, a fairly plain Jane, low end gun as Wilson's go.

It is extremely smooth, very accurate & has performed perfectly over around 2,000 rounds, mostly 200 gr SWC handloads; the trigger is clean & crisp at 3.5 lb........it's as good a gun as anyone could ask for; I have not done a single thing to it other than to shoot it. My wife, who is not the biggest fan nor the best with a 1911, even shoots it very well.

MM