Personally I just can't see the money...especially for a Plain Jane stainless gun. Jody Joseph at JoJo's Gunsmithing in Ct. can turn out an equally accurate work of art for a lot less money.

For half the price I would rather have one of these...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=444987144

When Wilson used to make the Thunder Ranch Special before Bare started building them a friend bought one. He asked me to shoot it... Now I grew up on 6-12 oz match triggers on small bore rifles... Most of my 1911s have 3.2-4.5# triggers that break like a thin glass rod. This trigger was uncontrollable. You just touched it and it went off...totally inappropriate for a 1911 let alone one that is touted as being the ultimate defensive pistol. My first round went off way before I wanted it to... Within 100 rounds the gun was doubling or tripling.

Gun was sent back to Wilson with a request for a 3.5-4.0 pound pull... Came back with about a 3# pull that quickly started doubling again...my friend requested his money back and bought a SIG 229 and lived happily ever after...

Two female instructors at the club I taught at bought Combat Commander size guns. One was a $2400 Wilson and the other a $1200 Kimber Eclipse. Both had excellent trigger pulls and exactly the same sights. I shot both the guns and the groups with the Kimber were smaller than the Wilson...

With 1911s at some point you are paying a lot for advertising and name recognition...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....