Originally Posted by GlacierJohn
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by GlacierJohn

Not that I want to obsess again, but I'm thinking about selling my 8x42s and buying a new pair of 8x32 Swarovski EL SV's.

Don't waste any more time contemplating this maneuver, you won't be sorry...

I don't know how to read that comment; are you saying I should or should not make that switch? I seriously would like you opinion as I'm heading down to the store tomorrow.

GlacierJohn-

Won't speak for shrapnel- but I believe that he for sure means to make the switch.

I have and have had a # of the binoculars on your list. I have the 8x32 SV's now and they are awesome. I also use the 6x30 Leupold Yo's quite a bit here in the thick stuff- good glass for the money esp. I think besides not using the 8x42 Leica Ultravid roofs as much after getting the SV's ( if you do), I think you will find you will be carrying the 8x32 SV more so than the 8x32 Nikon SE's. I have had 2 of those, and as good as they are- they are not quite what the Swaro SV's are. And I have compared them side by side when I had both. As good as the SE's are, I do not miss having them when compared to the SV's. I just could not see keeping a spare bino to just "Sunday drive" with. For me the SE was too much $$ to just be used as mostly a house bin. It is too wet and harsh here for that. But the Nikon SE ( esp the 8x32) is a simply fantastic bin that is 1/3 to 1/4 the price of the Swaro SV.

Tell us what your thoughts are regarding the 8x32 SV if you end up getting one.