Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Bob,
Good score. I've been drooling on my keyboard looking at those on GB. Trying to decide if it would be worth it to spend the next 6 months in the dog house if Mrs Blacktailer found out. eek

Blacktailer my wife has completely given up... smile She knows my mood is foul if I don't have another project rifle to keep me occupied now and then.

I completely understand the draw of a Kimber,despite the on/off QC issues. They are irresistibly svelte, the stocks without a doubt (for me) are classically simple and snappy handling in both wood and synthetic,and handsome...no excess bulk,clunky grips and squared off for ends.Designed more for hunters than target shooters,and they carry like a dream.

I like the little things they do like the 8/40 base screws,and the actions seem nicely made; the bolt handles are angled correctly and don't overwhelm the rifle. Everything "flows". They remind me of a M70 scaled down.

RickF you and I know the Roberts is not for erudite and sophisticated target shooters like yourself smile It does everything wrong with the low BC bullets; doesn't fit actions precisely right,and I have no doubt a proper 6mm or 6.5 is a better mousetrap in may ways. The cartridge is for sentimental,clueless grunts like me who might have used it years past and killed a bunch of stuff with it. blush

But despite the drawbacks it kills well at moderate distances.

That day in Wyoming on the big pronghorn the wind was switching, he looked a long ways out,herding does,and I had no LRF's then so I had to peep through the 4X to get an idea of distance. I knew he was big and wished I had brought the 270 instead. But I held for 400 as he quartered "on" and the 100 gr Partition hit the point of his shoulder and angled back through the chest. He danced in a small circle and collapsed. I figured I could live with that. wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.