Originally Posted by BobinNH

RickF you and I know the Roberts is not for erudite and sophisticated target shooters like yourself smile It does everything wrong with the low BC bullets; doesn't fit actions precisely right,and I have no doubt a proper 6mm or 6.5 is a better mousetrap in may ways. The cartridge is for sentimental,clueless grunts like me who might have used it years past and killed a bunch of stuff with it. blush

But despite the drawbacks it kills well at moderate distances.

That day in Wyoming on the big pronghorn the wind was switching, he looked a long ways out,herding does,and I had no LRF's then so I had to peep through the 4X to get an idea of distance. I knew he was big and wished I had brought the 270 instead. But I held for 400 as he quartered "on" and the 100 gr Partition hit the point of his shoulder and angled back through the chest. He danced in a small circle and collapsed. I figured I could live with that. wink

Bob, just look at my signature and remember who called who "erudite" first! smile

I could very happily run another Roberts. Only two reasons I mention the 260. One for logistics; if you saw how many Scenars I have under the bench you would get it. The second reason! Why to tease you of course! grin

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.