Originally Posted by BobinNH
Guys no it did not shoot very well at all.... frown

This one is gonna take some effort.

I tried two factory loads ,120 Partitions from federal,and the Hornady Super Performance 117 SST. I started with the 120 and things went well through bore sighting, everything tracked and the rifle followed the scope. Got rough zero(2" up at 100),let it cool and started group shooting.

The best the 120 would do was 2" at 100; the 117 was just terrible...I won't even say how bad but I can shoot better off hand at that distance.

Yes I was holding the rifle conventionally,bags under the front screw,a soft rest up front. My last Kimber Montana in 257 Roberts I shot the same way and it shot far, far better.

Seems to me something in there is binding or jumping around. It is simply too erratic. It can only be barrel or bedding.

I did take a second,known rifle with me to check "myself" and it shot fine.

On the good side, the rifle handles like a dream,very pleasant to shoot,and the trigger is great and needs nothing. I ran a few magazines full through it and could not make it malfunction in feeding,extraction and ejection and it never flinched. I was honestly more concerned with that.

I like the rifle,despite the poor showing so will stick it out.It handles like a dream......it can only be barrel and bedding. Might also be it does not like heavy bullets but I can get to the bottom of that. In any event the accuracy thing can be fixed. I am going back to the range with it again to try some different stuff but I think it needs some of the Kimber "fixes" LOL!

I will run it at 300 yards today.

Thanks.

It's a shame that a American rifle company produces a $1200-$1500 rifle that won't shoot.

Dink