southtexas/battue: It occurred to me to shoot it the same way at 100 yards in the first place, as I watched the shots scatter across the target and I am thinking it's new,the barrel has not been shot much,this thing sucks..... blah blah blah ...it isn't so much there's any magic in shooting it that way,just that for some rifles locking them onto sandbags is a hostile environment for them.

Southtexas i would just set up a front rest, use your left hand rested on the bags to hold the rifle and let it rest lightly on the rear bags and try it that way.This may be what some guys are saying about holding the rifle down on the bags with their left hand;controls jump or something who knows?

It isn't anything new to me because after I zero a rifle at 100 yards the very first thing I do is take it to 300 yards and shoot it that way...I do that from 200-400 yards and rarely use front and rear bags until distances get to 500-600 yards. I didn't hold much hope for this rifle because of the poor showing at 100 off the bags.

But we all get used to using techniques and systems for testing our rifles that take the human equation out of the system as much as possible,and never take the rifle and just shoot it because we are afraid of bouncing reticles.

Once I start hand loading for it, I think it will come around just fine.

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/12/14.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.