Now got a couple full screen looks.

Wind did not appear to be anywhere close to what I"d risk holding a bow.... thats part of bow... you accept your limitations. I know folks bowhunting for grizz living in AK for 20 years that have yet to shoot, because the situation is not right... Could be something to do with stitches he had finishing off a friends wounded bear once.... might make you a lot more particular...

First shot appears to be back and low. Pretty clear on that. A step at the wrong time can do that or he simply did not aim, canted bow, or made a bad shot. I was hoping for his sake it was an angling shot. It simply appears the shot was muffed. I didn't watch it close enough to see if we could diagnose, but the bow did appear to have a slight cant, and there is the ever possible at the shto he dropped his arm to try to see the hit... which you NEVER do if you have any sense... it would get you what he got given the angle of the bear and such.

2nd shot, very hard for me to tell but the archer was hard left, bear hard right, and would think that one would have to enter to the back, to angle to the front someowhat. Regardless it sure seemed like it encountered way too much resistance for a gut shot.

And yes, even with all the stuff they got away with that was stupid, filming and such.... it was probably not the movement but very much so the bears nose that gave it the outcome it did.

I was impressed that the guide hollered, or someone did anyway, but at that point, shoot.... he's wounded and who cares at this point. I'd rather him have 2 bullets in him than a warning and one.

Unwounded bear different story by a bit to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....