I saw the hump typical of a deer gut shot with an arrow.

That even looks worse though on the dead bear.. looks more like intestines to me but could be stomach, typically stomach does not come out of a wound that small though.

Regardless the first shot was still not good. For whatever reason but I"m enough convinced that the 2nd shot was not bad.

Wind was teh end culprit. If you don't watch it, in this case it could literally bite you.

I did not pay enough attention to appx time of day vs an expected wind shift.

RE reaction to a gut hit. Typically there isn't much reaction to arrows actually from what I"ve seen with over 100 bow kills over the years. They sometimes only flinch the skin and keep on doing whatever until they fall over or all of a sudden get weak from blood loss and make a short wobbly dash... sometimes its full on get out of dodge.

Gut hits typically evidently don't fell that well as most animals go less than 100 yards and bed down. But they must not scream in pain either and there is generally no mad dash.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....