Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The camera showing the charge was a GoPro mounted on the bottom side of the forearm of the guide's rifle. The bear looked to be focused on the guide at that point.

I am not convinced the bow shot was bad... the angle looked to me like it was an attempt at slipping one behind the ribs and angled forward but did not penetrate as much as it could have.
Similar to my take. I'd be easily convinced that the second arrow hit bone in the off leg/shoulder, failed to penetrate said bone and rebounded towards to the entry. Not being there makes it more difficult to assess, but I gotta believe that from the guide's angle he was satisfied with the shot and that it was a dead bear walking. I see that from the fact he clearly felt no need to shoot until that was the only option suspecting the arrow to sort the bear rather quickly.

For my part, it made an interesting video, and I can easily see how it could've gone south. Otherwise its a testimony to an experienced, prepared, and cool headed guide. Pretty obvious that the guide had been around more than a couple of bears (and bear hunters). Makes me look forward to May.....

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.