Here's a few observations from my point of view;

1. The first shot was a miss, if it had been a hit the bear would have reacted the same way it did to the second shot. I my experience bears ALWAYS react to a hit.
It would not continue beach combing.

2. The second bear reacted to the first bears body language when it was hit with the arrow and skedaddled.

3. The bear very obviously hit their scent cone when it turned and came at them.

4. The camera man had to stand more erect in order to see the bear over the hunters shoulders which made him more visible to the bear once it turned on the scent cone. The bear was zeroed in on him during the charge.

5. The guide made every effort to let the bear walk away and die from the bow shot although I'm pretty sure it would have taken quite awhile for it to die unless he got lucky and got the liver.

6. The guide saved the camera man from a potentially fatal mauling with a very good shot, only a brain or spine shot would have stopped that charge that quickly.

Of course I wasn't there but these things seem obvious to me, and anybody that would critique these guys actions hasn't been in many real life hunting situations before because things don't often go perfectly as planned.

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester