Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I understand the oil is headed for export, and Canadian oil companies get the profits.

Ha...you understand wrong. It is illegal for oil to be exported from the United States. Refined products...yes. Do you have a problem with things that are made here being sold abroad for profit?

Not at all, and there was no implication of that. I'm not up on the full implications of Keystone and was asking those closer to the oil industry just what it will accomplish in total.

Most of the concern/hype in the press is it's a vehicle for foreign oil through the USA.

Even if it were all going abroad, it would help us, since it would add product to the world's supply and keep prices in check. And, "profit" has never been a four-letter-word, IMO.

The jist of my question was what happens to the oil? I also realize we can't export our oil, but can we export refined products?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”