Originally Posted by kraky111
I wonder where rail infrastructure is manufactured...must be booming.

The Fort Worth plant is supposed to be able to turn out 3 locos a week headed to 5.The GEs biggest domestic customer BNSF..no surprise there... took delivery of 17 locos from FW last year none of which would run.
BNSF has demanded all future orders be built at the GE Transportation plant in Erie.Pa. Will see how long that lasts.The FW plant is state of the art.Apparently all the wets they have working for them have problems with high tech manufacturing.

The Erie plant was opened in 1906.Currently has about 3200 workers.Has its own power plant,water treatment plant,mini hospital,police force,and its own zip code.Right now there putting out about 14 locos a week.Thats both domestic and overseas orders.Best year I can remember was 2008 before the crash.We did 22 locos a week with help and 24/7 work load.

The Erie plant makes locos and all the guts for off Highway Vehicles.OHV has taken a big hit because of our raghead dear leaders war against mining.The GE had a layoff back in Dec.377 people lost there jobs.Pretty much because of OHV.The GE has hired all but 100 back and the 100 will be back by the end of Jan.Then because of orders and retirement we hear that they will be hiring more.I hope so.We should be good for the next 3 to 4 years.Pipeline or no.

So we are not booming.But we are busy.

I spent 30 years as a tool and die maker building very high precision plastic injection molds.
I made the chit.
The trade deals signed by chi-com echo sucking american politicians.Have pretty much ended high precision manufacturing in this country.
Nowadays I make the chit that transports the chit.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.