Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by justin10mm
All I can say is I wouldn't hunt hogs with FMJ 9mm or 45.

But I would with flat nosed FMJ .40s&w and 10mm.

What would be wrong with a 45ACP+P flat point fmj on hogs when compared to the 40/10mm?

I get a better visual indication of a hit with a 45 VS a 9mm on game and to me that is an advantage of a larger diameter projectile with significantly more mass. I use nothing but +P in 45 ACP. I really like the 45 Super and feel that the 9mm takes a back seat for sure in comparison.
I agree with you. 45's going Super speeds would be getting a lot closer to ideal, because you have both mass and energy displacement. I don't worship at the alter of 45acp, and never have. The three standard limitations that stick painfully out when discussing hot 45's are rapid controlled fire with such a powerful recoiling handgun, capacity limitation, and the weight of the rig+ammo. I agree though that the one-shot stats on fast expanding 45's are ideal.

I can precisely shoot a 9mm one-handed with a broken finger. I could not do that with a 45 boomer. I also practice to shoot more than once, regardless of my target, so 1-shot stats aren't very relevant.

My last point: all this discussion of turning humans into bullet fodder is sad to me. The term 'felon' has little meaning in the 21st Century. Statistically, given that the average American is subject to roughly 1,000,000 laws in the 'Land of the Free', nearly all of Americans are committing felonies regularly.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.