In my years as a hands on, with the clients on many hunts booking agent specializing in dangerous game (I was a banner advertiser here for a number of years) The only scope failures I have seen on big rifles were Leupolds. Now granted there were only three failures during those years but each one cost one of my hunters a fine game animal trophy. And now the Vari-X lll that has been on only two 257WBY's and a 7mm Mashburn Super has to go back for repair. And yes the erector assembly failure cost me a very nice Mule Deer buck. The scope has a hard time keeping three bull ets on a whole target now. So that makes four failed Leupolds. If it was my 416, and I have that model rifle in that caliber which is much used I would look elsewhere. Mine has the same Burris Posi Lock scope I put on it 20 or 25 years ago, and has NEVER lost zero even after many bumpy rides in Zodiac's, Super Cubs, Land Rovers, Land Cruisers, ATV's and other assundry harsh travels.

With Burris Posi locks getting harder to find, I would look to Nightforce and one of the new generation of scopes which uses a direct drive screwjack system in its erector assembly. I have heard that the high end Vortex scopes utilize this. I have been wanting to Turture test a Vortex upon my 340 Tyrannosaur or some other nasty kicker.

In the cases of the Leupold failures, each was caused by a blow to the scope from the side. Recoil was not the issue and I believe thier scopes to be pretty recoil proof. But in the real hunting world, hunters slip and fall and rifles get kicked over when at rest upon a tire or tree or.....

My .02 since you asked. Good luck and good hunting.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500