Originally Posted by 700xcr
May I ask, why 30mm main tube? With 30mm tube you get more moa adjustment then a 1" tube. But with proper mounting system you should do just fine. Where you get the more light gathering capability is the larger objective bell. 30mm scope generally are heavier then a 1" scope.

700XCR is spot on.

That said, there are still both 30mm tube and 1 inch tube Burris Posi Lock scopes for sale in the used market if one looks long enough and is patient. Mine are not for sale, likely ever before I die. Many good things reported about Nightforce and they are now making scopes in lower power ranges and small enough for a normal hunting rifle. Then, one more step down in cost but IMO a great value for the money are the high end VORTEX scopes. Here I am talking about the Viper line and above, not the cheap crossfire etc. My understanding is that VORTEX is using a direct drive / screwjack type of erector assembly rather than bias springs trying to hold everything together like most scopes do.

I think (hope) that in time, the bias spring erector scopes will become as obsolete as flathead motors are now. At least this is my hope.

Last edited by safariman; 12/03/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500