DF--I appreciate the thought. I hadn't really thought about scope weight and recoil absorption. I was looking into it for the reticle and because I want to run a 30mm scope on it.

SM--In all reality for me that gun will never go to another continent for big game. I would like to use it one of these years for a moose/bear rifle. That's about as far as I will ever get to go unless the lottery comes through for me (I'm not holding my breath....LOL). What percentage of the hunters were running Leupolds and do you have an idea of their failure rate. If it was 3 Leupolds out of 4-500 then the failure rate was pretty low. Now if it was 3 out of 20 then I can see a real issue. From everything I have ever heard or read Leupold is pretty good at absorbing recoil it's the repeatable turrets that they struggle with. Another reason I had thought about the ballistic FD reticle. A couple of smaller hold over points that I could try to tailor my load a bit to match.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.