I have been trying to figure out what fixed scope to put my "brush" rifle. 6x just seem like a little too much since where I hunt I have had deer literally walk out within 30-40 feet of me. I would. Much rather have a 1-4 in those cases but I don't want a variable so I will stick with the minimum maximum I think. I ended up finding a little 4x Nikon with the RealTree camo on it that I paid $100 for. It actually did way way better than I thought it would on an overcast day. I got a last minute opportunity just as it was getting dark. Even though it did a good jod and I can't say I need anything more all it did was make me want an even better 4x for my main brush rifle the Nikon will go on my .357 handi rifle I think. I just won an old Meopta 4x and I'm hoping it will be a bit brighter. I actually really want find newer model that was discontinued. One with the #4 reticle but I just couldn't locate one. So if not a Meopta then my last stop will probably be to just get the IOR 4x32 and be done with it.

I also considered the weaver k6 and all of the 4x40 and 6x42 scopes I could find but after seeing how well the little Nikon performed I don't think a larger scope or more magnification will gain me anything that some range time and practice can't compensate for. As a brush rifle I