Originally Posted by readonly
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by readonly

First let me be clear that I don't point my rifle at a deer without first positively identifying it as such.

The vast majority of my shot opportunities are just a few seconds. And I'm hunting thick cover out of confined stands not tower blinds over open spaces. No time time to fool with binos most of the time.

So if you've already shot a buck in a 1-buck county, you'll take a quick shot (2 seconds) at a "doe" in thick cover at last light?

Again......Congratulations?

Lol you are too much. I don't shoot any deer in thick cover outside of a very limited range. I shoot them when they move from cover into a shooting lane. But because the shooting lane is surrounded by thick cover I only have a reasonable expectation of a couple of seconds opportunity before they exit the lane.

I kill the first antlerless deer that presents a clean shot. After that I shoot every anterless deer I can be reasonably certain is a mature doe....50+ deer /sq mile. I don't have a one buck limit. I shoot a buck every three years or so. I hunt where there is an earn a buck law. Buttons are treated as antlerless not anterled.

You quoted me before I edited.

How do you ID any game if you don't have time to "fool with binos" and "don't point my rifle at a deer without first positively identifying it as such".

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless