Originally Posted by TF49

AS,

Here you are making another broad and sweeping statement. "Ben saved us".... No, it was only a reprieve and he went right back to forcing the money supply. Ben has made the situation much worse.

You need to see how the money supply grew under dear Ben.

TF

btw... here is a link for YOU and a few more comments:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ey-printing-policies-in-the-near-future/

Here is somehting else:

To combat deflation, Bernanke provided a prescription for the Federal Reserve to prevent it. He identified seven specific measures that the Fed can use to prevent deflation.

1) Increase the money supply (M1 and M2).

"The US government has a technology, called a printing press, that allows it to produce as many dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost." "Under a paper-money system, a determined government can always generate higher spending and, hence, positive inflation."[1]

You need to understand that the activity of the "printing press" is not just some benign Fed program... it has sowed the seeds of the dollars destruction and the impoverishment of at least one generation of citizens. It is debt that we cannot repay without some sort of cost or repudiation.

TF

First, they didn't use the printing press, they used open market operations to purchase bonds. These purchases have stopped, and these bonds can be sold again. They will unwind it, or to extend your analogy, those little green pieces of paper can also be burned. This will become necessary as the velocity of money begins to normalize.

What Bernanke did was avoid prevent US capital markets markets from freezing by providing liquidity in a way that did not occur in 1929, because we all know how well THAT worked out for us.

As for M1 under Bernanke, yes I'm well aware of what happened to M1 under him, I'm also aware of what happened to the velocity of M1 under him:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=UXG

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell