Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Here's a peer reviewed article using a multiple linear regression model, which once again found a negative correlation between Gold prices and stock prices, but found a strong positive correlation between M1 and Gold Prices, which of course is what Uncle Milton said in the video I posted above:

http://thescipub.com/PDF/ajassp.2009.1509.1514.pdf

AS,

You are avoiding the issue.

Here is what you posted: "... Gold goes down during a bull market in stocks. ...."

To support this thesis you provide links to esoteric articles and proclaim your thesis to be defended. This is nothing more than obfuscation on your part.

Your statement is wrong period. Stick with me and I can show you in a couple of paragraphs. If one takes year end values for gold and the DOW from 2002 until 2012...it becomes clear.During this time period the Dow went up 157% and gold went up 398%. If the range is expanded to 2014, the DOW shows an increase of 288% while the Dow went up 212%.

Has the DOW been in a bull market? Yes....has gold been going up during that bull market? Yes...

No esoteric bankster baloney required to see it.

Does that mean that gold is a better buy than the DOW now? Not necessarily. Does that mean than one should forsake gold for the DOW? Not necessarily. The point is, gold can go up in a DOW bull market.

TF

btw, I am aware that dividends were not included in the above figures. THe conclusion is still the same.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”