AS,

As usual you miss the point and then choose to purposely mischaracterize re-define my opinion in order to advance your agenda.

First let�s look at the FDR theft. You state � ...Over half of the 1.22 billion in gold outstanding was in certificate form. After the cut off date, 287 million in coin remained unaccounted for, indicating almost 80% was actually turned in�.� Of course gold in certificate form is not gold bullion. So, your point was what? Gold certificates were turned in but bullion not so much? So you be ok being required to turn in gold in certificate form and then have that same �certificate gold� revalued upward to $32?

Second, let�s look at your �issue� with Bretton Woods. Fact is, I never mentioned Bretton Woods and somehow you allege that I do not understand it???? Where are you coming from? �.and it is well known that the �collapse� of Bretton Woods was not a one time or spur of the moment happening. What did happen was Nixon closed the gold window because (the French in particular) were drawing down US gold reserves. The dollar was under attack. You picked $3.56 and linked that with Bretton Woods and somehow think I have made an erroneous statement. No, it is you obfuscating. You have only an agenda and no facts. No, you chose �Bretton Woods� so you could plug in a different price of oil. The result is the same NO MATTER what dates you choose. YOU even state that when you made mention of the Saudis and the long term relationship with oil ...... YOU agree with the premise!

So now let�s look at your statement about �fiat.� Here is what you posted: �....As for Fiat currencies ALWAYS being devalued, let me as you this. HOW MUCH OF YOUR WEALTH IS ACTUALLY IN DOLLARS? �.� So, what does my portfolio have to do with the statements about fiat and how it ALWAYS depreciates in value? What point are you trying to make? Let me help you along here by asking a question: If I have $10,000 in Chevron is that an investment in �fiat dollars� or in �oil.�

Now regarding your comment about the EOTW. So, American Indians and some but not all Chinese in 1941 had no use for gold. Is that it? How about American Indians today? Or the Chinese in 1942? Did you know that 5 gold coins got a Vietnamaese on to a US helicopter at the fall of Saigon? But, I tell you what, why don�t you do an internet search and see if Yap Islanders had any use for gold in the 18th century???? Let me ask you another question. Do you think that the OP�s question was �gold or not gold?� Is the question gold or fiat? Is that YOUR point? You seem to be saying that gold has no value or no place. Odd, gold has held value for centuries but you seem to think it is worthless as either an investment vehicle or even as a �doomsday� barter item.

Now let�s look at this statement you made: � �..If you are truly worried about a collapse, you might want to put aside a few Koku of rice ��.� Why would you allege that I have not done this? Here you go again, you do not have any idea if I have �rice� put away but you try to make an issue out of it. You do not know whereof you speak.

Here is another statement you make: � ...One of the benefits of our current system is it allows the American participants the freedom to own a diversified set of assets to hedge the impacts of inflation, or for some profit from them. �� Well hell, who would quibble with that? Did you include that statement because you think I disagree with it? WTH?

Now, as for MY predicted collapse. Ah yes�. MY collapse � oh boy...anyway, I have stated before that I do not know when but it is in the future. Who knows? How would I know that? My guess? Two to eight years if we do not have significant armed conflicts.

TF

Last edited by TF49; 12/20/14. Reason: mispelling

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”