Originally Posted by Chainsaw
To me the FRNs serve a dual purpose.

1. They are very handy when it comes to settling private and public debts and provide a neat small package to do so versus carrying in a bag of potatoes into the barber shop to settle up on a haircut, or pay for my reloading components at the corner SG store.

2. They give one a universal basis to use as comparison of value. If establishment A charges $29.00 for a brick of primers and establishment B charges $37.00 for the same brick, one can then compare and decide on their purchase. That is depending on whether each establishment still accepts FRN's

On the other hand, gold and silver will get me from the possibility of our fiat currency being recalled and replaced with some other form of fiat currency. In other words it will get me from here to there, as and far as I know gold and silver have never been worth nothing. To me that is a good reason to have some on hand, same as having cash on hand.

Gold and Silver have been worth nothing. There we considered of no value to the American Indian. Specifically the Sioux called it "The rock that makes white men crazy".

Gold and Silver are also subject to inflation and deflation, and can also be debased or recalled. It happened in this country during the 1930's.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell