I bought a .243 youth model on black Friday for $377 - 20% and a $35 rebate ($266.60+tax). First 3 shots with Rem CoreLokts went into the same hole. I have not been able to repeat that, but now have it shooting (reloads 3 shot) 3/4" groups at 100 yards regularly. I took the stock off, adjusted the trigger, put a piece of heavy paper under the front lug and screwed it back together. That temporarily floated the barrel. Seemed to take the groups from 1" or a tad over to 3/4". I have since put on a new VX-1 3-9 (traded the stock scope for a bunch of brass) and Burris rings and just picked up a full sized camo Rem adl stock. It seems to like longer bullets better than the 58gr Vmax's that I had on hand. Will soon be trying some 100gr Hornady BTSP's and 87gr VMax's w/IMR 4064 and H4350 to see what happens.
I think with a bit more time I can shrink those 3/4" groups a bit and have a great little rifle. The 20" barrel is excellent to carry around.

One other thing, it tend to shoot better when supported consistently under the front action screw - might help account for the 'not so stiff' stock.

Last edited by centershot; 12/23/14.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope