Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Being Tupperware I went to 40 in/lbs. Haven't tested it yet, but will report when the weather breaks.

Would like to learn how to lighten the pull of the new Remington trigger. Clean break but heavy.

Pull the stock off, dig the glob of glue off the adjustment screw on the front of the trigger assembly and back the little allen screw out until you get what you want. I have mine at 3# - works very nice now. I always cock it empty and bang the gun around, flip the safety off and on and do what a I can to see if it will go off. No problems at 3# on the X-Mark Pro trigger that came with the rifle for me. I had it down to 2.5# with no issues but find that a little too light when shooting with gloves and put it at 3#. Actually a pretty nice trigger to be honest, better than the one on my Pre War M70. The whole gun is performing well beyond its $265 price tag. Nice to find a little value in todays markets.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope